Here is a little update on what we have been doing the last few weeks, besides getting the soccer slide show done. Warning... there are a lot of pictures!!
Travis asked me a few months back to ask my sister if she wanted to do the Ogden Half Marathon with him. She said she would and while I was signing him up I had the crazy thought come to my mind that if they can do it so can I. So of course I signed myself up, then wondered what in the heck I had just done. We were training for the 5 mile run in Moab and it worked out that it put us in the 3rd week of training for the half. My sister ended up getting hurt playing soccer the week before and couldn't run with me, so I was totally bummed about that. She asked me after the race if I was going to do it again with her and I kept saying that I would have to wait and see. Now that it's been awhile I think I might do it again someday. Anyway, I did better than I thought I would. I'm glad I did it, that it's over and I can say I did it. Here are some pictures from the day...
Braiden ran the kids K race. He was pretty excited to have Travis and Grandpa running with him.
He was also excited about his cow bell medal.


Later that night we took Grandpa's rockets to the park and launched them. Braiden had been looking forward to it for a few months after my dad showed him the rockets. I don't think I got any great pictures of Braiden. He doesn't hold still for very long and all of the other pictures I took were from across the park with my telephoto lens and they didn't turn out that great. I took Brooklynn over so she could launch the last rocket and was able to get these. She thought the rocket was pretty cool and started making it fly around.



The next day we had stake conference so we were out of church before we normally go. Since we were a little sore (ok, my quads were a lot sore) we decided it might be good to go for a hike (more like a walk) up the canyon. I think it might have helped so I'm glad we did it. After hiking we hung out at the park. The boys played catch and Brooklynn enjoyed running around while I relaxed on the blanket. It was an afternoon well spent.




Today was Braiden's last day of school, but they had their Graduation last week. I love the little caps and gowns, very cute. They sang some songs and then got their little diplomas. It's so crazy to think he will be going to Kindergarten. He is more than ready and I think I am too.


Braiden and his teacher...
Thank you to Grandma for coming and also Karli, Kathryn and Kaiden. (Karli you're welcome for not posting the picture with you)

May 28, 2008
The Last 2 Weeks
Posted by
Kami Alkire Photography
at
11:03 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
Congrats Braiden....for school and the race!!!
Thanks for not posting my roll out of bed, no makup picture! :)
I am so impressed about your run. I totally want to do that. Way to go! I think its great you and Travis did ran together. Braiden is too cute running. His graduation is adorable.
I'm so proud of you for running that half marathon! I know it's not for sissies. Your family is so cute. I am inspired to run...perhaps bc it's one thing I certainly cannot do at the moment.
You guys make me want to take a nap :o) GREAT JOB!!!!
Post a Comment