March 12, 2009

Swimming Lessons

I have been telling my mom I would post these for a very long time!!!! Well I finally did it. We signed Braiden up for swimming lessons last fall and then Brooklynn in February. Both kids did amazing. This video of Braiden is his 12th lesson...

After he did three weeks, we kept him going once a week for a few more months. He has improved even more since then.

The first video of Brooklynn is from her 14th lesson. I ended up doing 4 weeks with her. She was doing well, but had a little hesitation during the middle of the 3rd week, so I decided to do an extra.

This next one is a few days later. We did a lesson in her clothes so she would know what it felt like if she were ever to fall in the water.

The lessons are geared towards basic survival and safety. She teaches them to find their "safe place" on their back and helps them to become comfortable in the water. The kids loved the lessons! Brooklynn made some great progress and Braiden is swimming like a pro.

About 2 weeks ago, we stayed in a hotel in Richfield for a night. We let the kids go swimming late that night. Brooklynn was concerned that she couldn't swim without her swimming teacher, but after a few minutes we convinced her that she would be ok. It was fun to see them at the pool outside of swimming lessons. I took the camera down to the pool, but I didn't take any pictures until we were done.



1 comment:

The Fowers Clan said...

It looks like you guys are having alot of fun! It is great when you don't have to worry about your kids in the pool! Brooklynns birthday cake was awesome! I swear it should be a rule that they can't get sick on their birthday!