March 15, 2008

Moab

We went to Moab last weekend to run. Travis and I, two of my sisters, my dad and my brother in law all ran in the 5 mile race. A big Thanks to my mom and sister for watching our kids. Here are some pictures from our weekend.

We were walking by the awards table and saw the PR pins and figured we might as well get some. After I gave one to my sister she asked jokingly if she won an award. So for fun, we checked the list. Her and Travis both ran in just under 40 and to our surprise she took first in her age division and he took 4th.


After the race we met up with some friends from Spokane. We went to eat and then headed into Arches. We took the kids to Sand Dune Arch, but it was cold so we didn't stay for very long. When it hot outside it's a great place to go and cool off. I didn't have my camera set very good so the pictures inside didn't turn out that great except for this one.


Here's one of Travis goofing off on the way back to the car. It actually turned out pretty cool.


The next day we hiked up to the Delicate Arch with my sister, her husband and their little one. It was nap time and Brooklynn got a good one. Good thing she still only weighs 21lbs.


Not that great of a picture, the kids were ready to go.


The Delicate Arch...


and another one on the way out from Sand Dune Arch.

2 comments:

Jenny said...

Amazing pictures the one of Travis reminds me of those motivational pictures....the only difference between ordinary and extraodinary is a little extra...
Looks like you had fun! I must admit I am a little jealous.

Reno 411 said...

That picture you took of Delicate Arch is awesome. It looks like a postcard. Well Done!