August 25, 2008

First Day of School

Today was Braiden's first day of Kindergarten. I think he was a little nervous, but also excited. He has gone to preschool the last two years so it doesn't seem like that big of a deal. I think the strangest thing will be having him go everyday instead of two days a week.

I had to document his breakfast, just to prove to Travis that I actually made the kids breakfast this morning. My kids love cold cereal (Kix and Cheerios) and that's pretty much all they eat for breakfast every morning. I asked Braiden what he wanted for breakfast this morning and he told me cereal, but I told him that I wanted to make him something like pancakes or waffles or eggs and toast. Thank goodness he choose the easiest, so eggs and toast it was.


Pictures before leaving for school.




If you didn't notice, we went and got his hair cut this morning. I realized late Saturday night that we hadn't done it that day. Good thing he goes in the afternoon so we could go and do it this morning. Here's another of Brooklynn, she had to get in on the action too...


At the school...




He had a great day at school and was pretty good with the details. When we asked him what his favorite thing was he said all of it, so it must have been good. Mondays are early days, so we waited to eat lunch until after we picked him up. The power was out at our house due to a new power pole being put in so I decided to take the kids to Jason's Deli. Here they are enjoying the yummy ice cream!



5 comments:

Mark and Amber Kincher said...

It's so crazy to think that he's in school already!! I swear it was just last week that I was sleeping on your couch and watching Bob the Builder with him every morning. You're right though, they grow up way too fast! Rachel is already in 6 month clothes, at 3 months!!

Alysia said...

Cute pictures! He looks like he is getting so big. We would love to see you guys some time. We should make some plans. My email is alysia23@hotmail.com. Sorry that we missed out on boating!

Jenny said...

I can't believe he's in Kindergarten. Weren't you just munching on celery and carrots in the cash office pregnant? Time flies. Handsome boy. PS My nephew and Braiden could have a high pitch screaming competition....or at least a secert language and yes lets do lunch next week? Wed?

amyharrisonphotography said...

That is so funny, Reagan's answer was exactly the same when I asked her what her favorite part about school was. So fun that they're in the same class!!!!

The Fowers Clan said...

I am glad that he liked school. You never know what will happen and so it is good that he had fun. Enjoy the half days soon they are gone all day! And that is weird :)