January 10, 2008

He hits the Slopes

I decided to buy a season pass to Sundance this year and we signed Braiden up for ski lessons through his school. Today was his first lesson and a few hours of freedom for me. Braiden was excited about snow skiing this year. After water skiing this summer he thinks he can do anything. I found some beat up rentals for sale and decided to get him his own skis. Looks like we are going to get our money's worth.



He was so excited to be there and was being really silly. He laid down and started making a snow angel while he was waiting for his teacher.


Going up the tow rope. I'm not sure how long this took, but he finally made it all the way to the top by himself.


I got down to the bottom and expected him to be done and I couldn't see them anywhere. I figured they must have gone up the chair lift. I went up and found them and then his teacher said I could just take him down since it was his last run anyway. He was being super silly still. Oh well at least he was having fun.


He would get going too fast and try to slow down. He must have been worried that he wouldn't be able to stop. He kept falling back on purpose and then he would giggle. After telling him many times to stop I finally bribed him and told him that if he wouldn't fall again the rest of the way down the hill I would go buy him some hot chocolate and a treat.


Amazing he actually stopped falling. I knew he was just being silly. He made it the rest of the way and got his treat.


He actually wanted to go back out and keep skiing after our break, but it started snowing and I figured we should just be done on our first time out this year.

Side note: the pictures are not great. My camera is getting cleaned so I had to use my point and shoot. Not an easy thing to go back to.

1 comment:

Joe and Amy said...

How fun!

Joe is snowboarding today and we have talked about taking our kids to give skiing a try...you along with another friend, have almost convinced me that it might be worth our time and money to take our girls. I'm glad he had fun, not to mention you...how nice would that be?